Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Ballpoint Pen Sketchbook!




















I started a sketchbook last year, using a ballpoint pen in a classic school composition notebook. I thought it would be a fun thing to do. Well, ballpoints are neat and I quickly collected as many colored ink true ballpoint pens as I could find, but the paper in this book turned out to be crap. I've often poked holes through it, and had to repair it with little scotch tape bandaids. It's too late to stop, I've already drawn a great deal in it, and I consider it part of the challenge now to work with these limitations in completing the thing. 

Anyway, I've selected some pages that I thought might be fun to put up here. You can see what the ink does to the surface of this paper, that's why putting it in a scanner makes it look even worse. So, the camera it is.


Those are leafhoppers on the second page. They use to used be all over our yard when I was a kid. There are all different types, but this is the one I remember.  Tiny little bright green, wedge shaped guys, that hop all over the place. Yep, we used to catch them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment