Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I Still Like These



































I fished these out of the racks the other day- a couple of one or two day oil paintings done when I was entirely in an Alla Prima groove and did no underpainting of any kind.  A fun way to work, as you get results fast, but you can turn out a lot of junk. But I still like these efforts of a couple of favorite screen presences -Barbara Steele from Fellini's "8 1/2", and Oliver Reed from Michael Winner's "I'll Never Forget Whats'isName".  Geez, done over 3 years ago now. 
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like bananas.

Done on 16x20 gessoed masonite

2 comments:

  1. Wow

    great paintings

    the colors of the first one are particularly nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Will! Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete