Monday, July 6, 2009

Drawing Board Jam-Yoga Poses





































The first rendering is something I did for an ancient jam over at the Drawing Board. Old for them-new for me. It's a yoga pose but I have turned it sideways. Yoga poses are interesting to draw because of the extreme tension and flexion of the form, and as seen in earlier posts I like to tackle poses like these often. On a related note, the second, is a drawing from the as of yet unfinished ballpoint pen sketch book that was complicated but fun to do.

7 comments:

  1. Jim, these are fabulous. Were these done in single unbroken sessions? What did you do the top one with? Really lovely figure, especially the face. I find the background a little distracting, which is unusual in your stuff, but she's great. I like how you've turned it, like she's facing into the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The emergence of buckbrill!
    I did a drawing first -scanned it in, and then on the second session I did the PS rendering and the background. That was yesterday, the two variations were done today. I got the distracting background comment elsewhere as well; but as you see from the last variation I don't seem to be going in a direction where I want to eliminate that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and thanks for comments/visit!
    Now go set up a buckbrill blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is some kind of awesome!!!! i like it alot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Appreciate it! Loving the nude studies on your site.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both great artworks but the dancer with the bendy back is spectacular, what a beautiful drawing, those shadows are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Max, that was a fun image to experiment on!

    ReplyDelete